[Wine] Re: can't run DirectX applications properly - window garbled

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Oct 23 19:34:07 CDT 2011

petersk wrote:
> O.K., but this is the newest version of wine that is marked "stable", not "testing" and not masked on gentoo.
>
> With wine-1.3.30 the application doesn't even start:
>
> peter at peter ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/PixPlant2 $ wine PixPlant.exe
> wine: Call from 0x7b83c3b3 to unimplemented function msvcp80.dll.??0?$basic_ostringstream at DU?$char_traits at D@std@@V?$allocator at D@2@@std@@QAE at H@Z, aborting
> err:module:attach_process_dlls "OgreMain.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
> err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\PixPlant2\\PixPlant.exe" failed, status 80000100
> peter at peter ~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/PixPlant2 $

Don't use 1.3.30; it had a bug that caused a lot of apps to crash on start, though I don't think that's the problem here. Upgrade to 1.3.31, reinstall your app in a clean wineprefix (delete or rename the old one), and delete or rename the vc80 "deadbeef" manifest in the wineprefix's windows/winsxs/manifests directory.