[Wine] Re: can't run DirectX applications properly - window garbled

petersk wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 24 08:09:19 CDT 2011

Gentoo doesn't offer wine versions higher than 1.3.30 at this time. I can compile from source, but I really prefer to use Portage for larger and not so simple programs like wine.

The results with wine-1.3.29 are: the game doesn't start with the same error as with 1.3.30. However it starts when I remove the mentioned file in the manifests folder. The directx display doesn't work though. It looks just the same as with wine 1.2.3

So any other suggestions?