[Wine] Uninstalling mono

Colecf wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Oct 24 22:46:28 CDT 2011

I'm trying to run my first application through wine, and it requires the .NET framework. So I did "winetricks mono28". After installing that, I still got "wine: Install the Windows version of Mono to run .NET executables". So I played with moving the mono folder around in ~/.wine/drive_C/Program files. (I saw on one of the winehw.org pages that it needed to be in .wine/drive_C/mono, and I had installed it to the default .wine/drive_C/program files/mono before.)

After playing with it unsuccessfully for a while, I tried deleting the mono folder to re-install it. But now when I do "winetricks mono28" I get "Mono seems to be installed. Please uninstall it and run this setup again".

I tried a script I found on the internet for removing a Mac OS installation of mono (I'm on a mac), but that didn't help...

How do I uninstall mono? And why did installing it not fix my wine error?