[Wine] Need help with some applications.

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 16:27:52 CDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 11:28 PM, reaperx7 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> I have some applications that utilize a Ring 0 kernel driver that function as anti-hacking tools. I have not had any luck getting
> these applications to run correctly because they say the anti-hacking tools can not be loaded properly within the system.

Cannot use these in Wine.  However, if you can find these drivers for
Linux, Wine might be able to utilize them.

This is not a shortcoming of Wine but it is because of the way that
Operating Systems work and Wine is just a user-space application that
allows Windows calls to be translated to Linux/UNIX calls.

James