[Wine] Re: Getting started with porting to Mac OSX

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Oct 27 23:10:12 CDT 2011

cwswpl wrote:
> @doh123, thanks that sounds like exactly what I need.
>
> So, with Wineskin, would I build a Windows EXE as usual, then use Wineskin to somehow wrap it up in Windows-To-Mac translation layer to produce a Mac executable?
>
> Does the Wineskin preparation process run on Windows or Mac?
>
> I'm still struggling to get my head around this!

For any solution, including Wineskin, you'd need a Mac for making, testing, and debugging to make a Mac version.

Wineskin works much like Transgaming's Cider if you've seen that (used for games by big game companies).  The entire Windows program is inside of the Mac app along with everything else it needs to run it.  So the user just double clicks the app and it runs just like it was totally native (for the most part)