[Wine] Re: Kindle failure

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 28 06:54:02 CDT 2011

MikeYates wrote:
> I have got around this by downgrading Kindle to 1.5
> It was 1.7 I had been using and 1.8 was the version which would not even install.

I have been using 1.6.0, and just upgraded to 1.8.1 with no problem. What version of Wine are you using? If it's not the latest development release, upgrade. Make sure you delete or rename the vc90 "deadbeef" manifest in windows/winsxs/manifests.

> $ wine .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Amazon/Kindle/Kindle.exe
> fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"CBUfs"
> failed to start: 2
> fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!

I do not see that fixme when I start Kindle for PC. What else do you have installed in that wineprefix? Have you tried reinstalling to a clean wineprefix?