[Wine] WoW Play Button Not Working - Fix for Linux/Wine??

tashizzlet wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 28 15:35:12 CDT 2011

So this issue is quite common now in WoW launchers from all operating systems, and it's gone and happened to mine. When I open the shortcut on my desktop, the client opens, and when I click on the 'play' button, it closes and nothing comes up. I've read everywhere that if you start it from the WoW.exe link in World of Warcraft folder, it'll automatically open, but when I click on it, it just tries to open, then closes. There's a list of things you can try  to make it work again posted on the site, but they're suggestions for Windows. I've tried all of the ones I could do, but nothing's worked yet. If anyone else has this problem, and is using Ubuntu, please let me know if you have any fixes that work. Thanks!  :D