[Wine] Re: Wine recognizes GeForce GTX 560 as GeForce 8300GS

claudio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Oct 28 16:04:41 CDT 2011

Lauri wrote:

> vitamin wrote:
> >
> > What Wine version? Current Wine should detect "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti". Unless yours is not Ti.
>

> Wine version 1.3.31
>
> Mine isn't Ti, just plain NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

what is your deviceid? There are many missing and wrongly named entries in the wined3d pci device list.

why they don't use
http://developer.nvidia.com/content/device-id-list
is beyond me.

There is in particular a check for a set of directx 10+ cards in the code that on failure defaults to the GeForce 8300GS.

Tweaking that code with a patch might get you some results (or not).

If you want to play with the code yourself I can give you more pointers into the code.