[Wine] Re: Need help with modifying Wine memory allocation in NTDLL

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 29 19:02:04 CDT 2011

temperror wrote:
> The only thing we can do is recognize when memory is demanded by Unity to Wine, and then make sure it is shared memory that's allocated.

Good luck with that.

Most applications will be allocating/freeing lots of memory all the time. And most of it will be from default application's heap. This can't really be shared, or you risking breaking everything inside Wine. This memory used be everything, not just your application.

The only remote chance if your app virtual allocks some big section for internal use.