[Wine] Re: Wine recognizes GeForce GTX 560 as GeForce 8300GS

Lauri wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Oct 29 22:10:58 CDT 2011

claudio wrote:

> Lauri wrote:
> > PCI Device ID: 0x1201
> > PCI Vendor ID: 0x10de
> > Memory:  1024 MB
> > OpenGL renderer string: GeForce GTX 560/PCI/SSE2
>

> to vitamin I suggest this patch:
>
> wined3d: rename nVidia GTX560 to GTX560TI, add GTX560 with correct deviceid
>
> http://www.niceties.it/0001-wined3d-rename-nVidia-GTX560-to-GTX560TI-add-GTX560-.patch
>
> to Lauri: the easiest thing you can do while this gets integrated is to provide manual overrides for your vendorid/deviceid/memory using the link vitamin cited before (useful registry keys).
>
> Open the registry with the "regedit" command.
> Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine
> Create the Direct3D key if not present.
> Create the VideoMemorySize string value, set it to "1024".
> Create the VideoPciDeviceID DWORD value, set it to hex 1201.
> Create the VideoPciVendorID DWORD value, set it to hex 10de.

Like I said in my first post setting VideoPciDeviceID to 1201 doesn't help because then the video card is detected as Direct3D HAL. But I downloaded wine 1.3.31 source and added the info for GTX560 to directx.c and wined3d_private.h and compiled it. Now the video card gets detected properly. Oh well, if I had just waited for a bit I could have used your patch.

Thanks for the help.