[Wine] Re: USB support

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 1 05:51:39 CDT 2011

pdpmalcolm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been following the procedures outlined here: http://wiki.winehq.org/USB
>
> and am completely lost from steps 2-4. I don't quite understand what exactly I am to do at these steps. Could anyone provide further explanation/direction? I apologize that I am totally new to this.
>
> Thanks

To patch Wine you have to build it from source, so you also have to download the source code. Once you have, cd to the source directory and apply the patches using the commands in step 2. Step 3 only applies to very old versions of Wine, so skip that. Then build wine as you would normally.
http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#head-7ed3c3163e2b932ee2030a48f9c5e553dc41817b