[Wine] Re: DDO freezes my computer

triso wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Sep 1 14:03:50 CDT 2011

hellhoundevil wrote:
> i have installed ddo on my ubuntu it works fine when starting it up and for the 1st 5 or ten minutes then it freezes my computer anyone have a fix for this?

Could this be your problem?  From http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=278274
"The DDO client has a persisent memleak connected to character switching. The more one switches characters without reopening the client, the worse it gets. This causes jerky animations, increasingly longer loadtimes, and difficulty with the client keeping up with large combats. This isn't even limited to raid combats: After 4 character swaps, I can't solo sins of attrition anymore because of the lag from all the monster attacks."

This is a bug that bites all windows users not just wine folks.  Check to see if there is a newer client available.