[Wine] Re: "My Documents" and other symlinks to home are not

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 3 11:08:55 CDT 2011

leniviy wrote:
> Hi. My Documents, My Music, My Pictures, and My Videos aren't visible (but accessible) from C:\users\%USER% . "Desktop", however, is visible.

That is intentional. Wine does note enumerate symlinks that point to parent directories:

Code:

$ WINEDEBUG=warn+file wine cmd /c dir 'c:\users\vitaliy'
Volume in drive C is
Volume Serial Number is 0000-0000

warn:file:check_dir_symlink suppressing dir symlink L"\\??\\C:\\users\\vitaliy\\My Videos" pointing to parent "/home/vitaliy"
warn:file:check_dir_symlink suppressing dir symlink L"\\??\\C:\\users\\vitaliy\\My Music" pointing to parent "/home/vitaliy"
warn:file:check_dir_symlink suppressing dir symlink L"\\??\\C:\\users\\vitaliy\\My Pictures" pointing to parent "/home/vitaliy"

I'm guessing this is worth a bug report. As a work around, like oiaohm mentioned, you can convert them into real directories with winecfg.