[Wine] Re: Forum Software Update and mailing list gateway

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 4 07:00:06 CDT 2011

John Drescher wrote:

> > A forum is much nicer and handier than a mailing list anyday, upgrade the forum!
> >

> The huge negative for a forum to me is that I am signed up to 20 to 30
> mailing lists. All of which are delivered to google my email account.
> For most of these I have a 3+ year history of every single non spam
> post. When more of these become forums I will spend less time reading
> posts and participating. I simply I do not have time to go to 20
> different forum pages login, open and read messages ...
>
> Although like I said in my first reply I do not participate much
> anymore since I work 80+ hours a week on the day job just about every
> week so the loss would not be that big..
>
> John

I have no problems using forums... I read about 15 of them daily.  I have them all in one button to open in tabs in my browser... user name and password is saved so I never have to enter them... all unread messages are marked, and i can scroll through and look at topics and such.  For smaller forums that don't get a lot of posts, like this one, I can look at every message... i usually open each new message in a new tab and skim through them quickly.

I do not think a mailing list is any more efficient... it just comes down to what you are use to using