[Wine] msvcp80.dll...

Fred2 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 5 10:09:39 CDT 2011

Hi,
since the Wine 1.3.27 update (on Ubuntu), some applications don't start anymore, especially Google SketchUp. A window pops up immediately saying that the program has to be closed. This happens with programs that depend on msvcp80.dll. I tried all combinations of native/built-in etc.
Then I rebooted and created a completely new empty prefix and even Wine's iexplore.exe does not start.

I have two questions:
1. How can I try to fix this?
2. I need SketchUp running again in some days. I used the PPA because the 1.2.3 wasn't sufficient and I hoped/was too curious for further improvements. Is there a way somehow to revert to a version between 1.3.10 and 1.3.26? The download page always replaces the installers by the most current version. Alternatively I would have to be content with the old stable 1.2.3.

Code:
Call from 0x7b839d72 to unimplemented function msvcp80.dll.??0?$basic_string at GU?$char_traits at G@std@@V?$allocator at G@2@@std@@QAE at PBG@Z, aborting

See here: http://pastebin.com/egxfArq5