[Wine] Re: Wine 1.3.26 no output from linux console to windows console

C3PO wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 5 11:37:03 CDT 2011

Martin Gregorie wrote:

> Sounds like as good a way of getting pwned as any. At least with 'su' or
> better, 'sudo', you'll know exactly when root access is at risk.
>

> Martin

No risk at all, you got to tell far what user you want to use to open a panel first (you have to login). You can either store password with FAR or type in your password before opening a panel. You all so see what user is used on each panel and how you want your panel to serve you (can you execute commands or just edit|view files). You can all so tell far to use sudo to open a panel.

As to the usability - can you give any reason why MC won't show different commands (F1-F10) when ALT is hold or SHIFT is hold or CTL+ALT is hold - why it won't change command options at the bottom of the screen? It doesn't make sense. In FAR holding shift - gives you an alternative command set, holding ALT+SHIFT - another, CTL - another so everything is self - evident. It's just a small example.

FAR is built with this intuitive self explaining interface which makes it so easy to handle, it's light and fast. FAR could be extended with plugins over the years a lot of people contributed to FAR and you can integrate in far things like browsing registry (on windows). FAR supports HTTP protocol as well. You can open a site in it's left panel. It can highlight syntax of any text file, check spells, THOUSANDS of plugins.

Take a look
http://plugring.farmanager.com/index.php?l=en

And far itself is just a convenient shell it isn't focused on syntax highlight or spell it just provides a convenient interface. It's has very much the spirit of GNU software and if it only was designed for UNIX in the first place it would be the N1 choice of any UX user.

I programmed a lot of soft in this shell it is so fast so universal so reliable I miss it a lot on NIX platform. :-(

The only design problem of FAR is it's internal structure. If you look into the sources you'll see that it cannot be easily ported on linux with all the plugins.

I need WINE only for FAR and The BAT. The Bat is another program which is not available on Linux....