[Wine] help with warcraft please launcher problem

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 17:56:52 CDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 6:35 PM, Nick687 <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> i have read everything i can find relating to this and i got nothing
> i have ubuntu 11.04
> wine 1.3.15
> amd athlon x2 dual core QL-60
> ati radeon graphics card 3100 i belive
> at first i was running wine 1.2 and i got the water glitch. trolled for a
> while and updated the version to 1.3 now WoW wont load after pushing the
> play button on the loader. after more looking i fount that wine 1.3.26 will
> work but i cant find the download and 1.3.27 isnt available yet.....so my
> question is how do i skip the launcher and load wow manually
Yea the Launcher is finicky, sometimes it works (I mean works as in launches
wow.exe after hitting play) and sometimes it doesn't.  Just do a
WINEPREFIX="/path/to/wine/wowprefix" wine /path/to/WoW/Wow.exe

Works perfectly fine.  I even have a script because  of the double walking
bug (ie gnome or ubuntu send multiple key presses when holding down a button
or something, I don't remember specifics, just how to fix it) and to delete
my cache for NPCSCAN:

 ! /bin/bash

xset -r 25
xset -r 24
xset -r 39
xset -r 26

rm -r /home/<user>/Programs/WoW/Cache/

WINEPREFIX="/home/<user>/.wineWow" wine /home/<user>/Programs/WoW/Wow.exe

xset r 25
xset r 24
xset r 39

MacNean C. Tyrrell