[Wine] Re: Pulse audo in 1.3.25+

dardack wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 6 13:37:17 CDT 2011

OK WTF, I sent 2 emails yesterday.  Didn't get any responses, so decided to just check out the forum.  They aren't here.  Sigh.  Ok here is what I wrote:

OK looks like i need help.  I got sound to work in both this way:

in /etc/pulse/default.pa

comment out:
#load-module module-udev-detect
#load-module module-suspend-on-idle

Added:

load-module module-alsa-source device=dsnoop
load-module module-alsa-sink device=dmix

no asoundrc file needed (in fact even when I put a asoundrc such as partial: pcm.!default {
        type plug
        slave.pcm "dmixer"
}

if i cchanged dmix to dmixer it wouldn't work.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the .asoundrc file.

OK so sound works, but my mic doesn't. If I unmute it in alsamixer, it goes straight to my headphones, no recoding software picks it up.

Also no sound in virtualbox anymore so far That i've discovered don't work, Flash player in Chrome doesn't work (didn't try firefox).   VLC/Totem work.