[Wine] Running Diablo (1) help

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 17:03:49 CDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 5:45 PM, capth4u <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> jjmckenzie wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 12:56 PM, capth4u <wineforum-user at winehq.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I am using the wine configuration as well....
> > >

> > Does the same error occur with Wine as well as CrossOver?
> >
> > Also, have you visited the Applications Database?  I would suggest
> > doing so to see if there is a how-to for running this program.
> >
> > James
>

> When I used crossover games then go to configure/control panel/wine
> configuration .... there isn't an error... it launches game and shows the
> intro but when its time show the menu... its all black. What do you mean
> about visiting the applications database? Thanks for your help!!!

Either he means the codeweavers (since you paid for it?)
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/?app_id=81

or the winehq one:

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3498

If you look under winehq some guy claims to have it working again as of
march 2011, with a hacked patch, Looking at it not sure why you can't just
slect GDI in the registry, but I don't have time....nvm just read what he
added in there.  Yea first you want to test if changing the direct draw to
GDI works for you.  Then try the hack.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell