[Wine] Running Diablo (1) help

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 18:32:58 CDT 2011

1. Diablo 1 is very old.  I know some people have had issues running it on
newer windows stuff.  You may want to try a much older wine, not sure.

Also, to change the GDI, it's just a registry entry:  ie gdireg.reg:

REGEDIT4
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D]
"DirectDrawRenderer"="gdi"

then just WINEPREFIX="path" regedit gdireg.reg

But it doesn't always work for people, so if that doesn't work you may want
to try the wine hack for diablo 1 someone posted on the app page.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell