[Wine] Forum Software Update and mailing list gateway

perryh at pluto.rain.com perryh at pluto.rain.com
Wed Sep 7 10:36:12 CDT 2011

"jnewman" <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

> If we drop the gateway, we could possibly switch to another forum
> software, even a commercial one.

If we switch to a different forum software package we might not
need to drop the gateway.

One example that I happen to be aware of:  there is a site called
Disqus which specializes in handling commentary for other sites.
Their software emails out all posts on a topic to anyone who has
subscribed to the topic; IMO this is a more important functionality
than being able to post via email (which Disqus does not support
AFAIK).  I presume that it would be a fairly simple customization
to maintain a single subscriber list for the entire forum rather
than per-topic.

I don't know whether the Disqus software is available, but if a
commercial solution is acceptable we might consider outsourcing
the forums to Disqus.