[Wine] Re: Wine 1.3.26 no output from linux console to windows console

C3PO wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 7 14:39:04 CDT 2011

oiaohm wrote:
> vitamin he is using WinSCP plugin for FAR to get around wine limitations.
>
> This is particularly stupid.  Since it requires running ssh when not required.  Also WinSCP does not show everything that can be hiding in permissions on a Linux system.

Ya think? Of course spending about 0.01% of PC resources which any of us have for an extra SSH connection is more stupid than spending life time which is somehow we all have limits for. I'm waking up seeing how I have exhausted electrons in p-n transducers of my motherboard.  :-)

oiaohm wrote:

> Historic problem person move to Linux and is not willing to let go of applications.  So presumes Linux applications cannot do the job.

I'm not MOVING to linux I've been using it for 7 years in text modes.

oiaohm wrote:

> WinSCP does not let you see real drives and other important things.

I don't need to see real drives when I use FAR I need to use far to manage UNIX.

oiaohm wrote:

> Basically setting self up for trouble.  If FAR is liked so much port it basically.

Not a trouble, just for a walk - all the job is done so fast.
May be someday! I admit of all tasks - porting FAR is most tempting for me.

oiaohm wrote:

> Running a filemanager inside wine to manage Linux is foolish.

FAR is not just a filemanager. OK it's just a matter of opinion.

Thanks for helping.