[Wine] Integrated Intel Card Error

Entanglement wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Sep 7 23:11:25 CDT 2011

I'm running an integrated Intel Video Card 3400 series, and when I try to run Steam apps, they crash after I connect (these are all multiplayer games) and wine gives me this error:

Code:
failed to lock vertex buffer in CMeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer

This error was already reported 3 times, and the solution to them has been to edit the registry using 'regedit' and then editing Direct3D's folder by adding in "VideoMemorySize" and setting it equal to the MB of the given video card, so for me it was 256.

Unfortunately, even after doing so I get the same error when I try to run the program, specifically Team Fortress 2, but Left 4 Dead has given me the same error as well.

Does anybody know another solution to this?