[Wine] Re: Zanzarah game

nilrezei wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 9 01:54:50 CDT 2011

Jim Hall wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 3:05 AM, nilrezei <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>
> > I've decided to try Zanzarah in both wine 1.2.2 and in latest release 1.3.27
> >
> > None works... :(
> >
> > Here is the terminal output in 1.3.27:

> > DFMT_R8G8_SNORM_L8X8_UNORM to floating point.
> >
> > err:d3d_surface:surface_convert_color_to_float Unhandled conversion from WINED3DFMT_R8G8_SNORM_L8X8_UNORM to floating point.
> >

> > err:d3d_surface:surface_convert_color_to_float Unhandled conversion from WINED3DFMT_R5G5_SNORM_L6_UNORM to floating point.
> >

> > err:d3d_surface:surface_convert_color_to_float Unhandled conversion from WINED3DFMT_R8G8_SNORM to floating point.
> >

> > err:d3d_surface:surface_convert_color_to_float Unhandled conversion from WINED3DFMT_B5G5R5X1_UNORM to floating point.
> >

> > err:d3d_surface:surface_convert_color_to_float Unhandled conversion from WINED3DFMT_B4G4R4A4_UNORM to floating point.
> >

> > err:d3d_surface:surface_convert_color_to_float Unhandled conversion from WINED3DFMT_B5G5R5A1_UNORM to floating point.
> >

> > fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
> >
> > fixme:d3d_surface:surface_load_location Unimplemented location SFLAG_INSYSMEM for depth/stencil buffers.
> >

> > err:d3d_surface:surface_modify_location Surface 0x219d78 does not have any up to date location.
> >
> > err:d3d:wined3d_device_uninit_3d Something is still holding a reference to depth/stencil buffer 0x219d78.
> >
> > fixme:d3d:wined3d_device_decref Device released with resources still bound, acceptable but unexpected.
> >
> > fixme:d3d:wined3d_device_decref Leftover resource 0x148398 with type WINED3DRTYPE_BUFFER (0x6).
> >
> > err:mmtime:TIME_MMTimeStop Timer still active?!
> >
> > emy at emmy:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/THQ/Zanzarah/System$

> > I really love Zanzarah, it's a great game with nice graphics and gameplay that runs even on very old PC configs, such as pentium 3...
> >
> > I wish anything could be done by the wine developers in order to make this game work properly...
> >
> > Anyone has any idea what the source of the error might be? :(  :(  :(
> >

> Graphics card make and model and driver version, please.
>
> Jim

I think that error has more to do with something like "8 bit palette" than with any past year 2002 video card, but, anyway...

My system specs:

AMD Athlon 64x2 4200+
2 Gb RAM DDR2
ECS GeForce6100SM-M2 onboard video, 128 Mb
Driver: Nvidia accelerated graphics driver (Recommended) PROPRIETARY           270.41.06

As I said, I can run newer and more demanding games, such as Star Wars KOTOR...

The error itself must be somehow related to the RGB palette; hopefully somebody able to properly identify it will do something...