[Wine] Re: How to load an ISO as a “CD” to satisfy “insert CD” prompt?

LPMusicLJ wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 10 13:45:30 CDT 2011

dimesio wrote:

> AcetoneISO does not emulate the hardware, it merely mounts the iso.

Thank you, dimesio, for the clarification.  I was not aware of this.

As I was messing around with this, I remember unlinking my "e::" (e double colon) from my ReBirth installation, which also prompts for a CD during execution.  Despite attempting to remount the ISO via winecfg, it did not work, and I recieved the same error message as above---Unsopported ioctrl 24000 (device=2 access=1 funct=0, etc.

So, I will attempt to adapt viktor4124's post from September 20th, 2008, 04:01 AM, found here. http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-846551.html

I think there is an issue with between differentiating between pointing to the mount and pointing the mount to the 'device'.