[Wine] getting wine to run on OpenSuse 11.4-in order to use WinSCP

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Sep 11 13:34:14 CDT 2011

On Sun, 2011-09-11 at 12:36 -0500, lin wrote:
> perhaps i try to use some other clients - GUI-Apps
> http://alternativeto.net/software/winscp/?profile=linux&platform=linux
>
> well - the question is - can i import the keys (that i run on WinSCP) with ease! If So then i sure give the others a try....

FYI Filezilla also has a Linux port that works OK with some FTP servers.
I've never tried its sftp capabilities. However I don't use it because I
prefer the more minimalist GUI design of gftp, but ymmv.

If I'm shifting files over the SSH protocol I use scp and sftp from the
command line, with a preference for scp if I'm moving one or two files.
If I'm moving a directory-full, gftp is my weapon of choice.

One that isn't mentioned in your referenced URL is wget, which does a
slightly different job to curl. curl transfers the list of files you
give it while wget is optimised for pulling down web pages together with
all images, subordinate web pages, etc. that the target page references.

Martin