[Wine] NULL pointer dereference in context_acquire(), wined3d/context.c

Josh Juran josh at iswifter.net
Wed Sep 14 18:19:06 CDT 2011

In context_acquire(), line 2439 (as of commit 90e3bc5, fetched just now), I'm seeing the line

	struct wined3d_swapchain *swapchain = device->swapchains[0];

crash because device->swapchains is NULL.

This happens in the games Club Paradise and Spa Mania when switching between fullscreen and windowed mode.  The platform is Ubuntu Desktop 32-bit 11.04 with the Recommended version of the proprietary NVIDIA driver.

Any suggestions as to how I might patch Wine to fix this?

Josh