[Wine] How to install 64bit softwares in Wine

Imran23 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 17 01:04:43 CDT 2011

Hi, I am using Wine1.3.28 in linux 11.04 (64bit OS)
I installed Wine along with all the 32bit libraries and I read that using 64bit windows apps are still experimental in Wine.
I found this page which might help http://wiki.winehq.org/Wine64
But, since I am new to linux and all, I am sort of confused about what I'm actually supposed to do..
First of all how do I know if I am using an up-to-date GCC? Also, how do I run a shell script?
Secondly, it asks me to configure wine for 64-bit compilation and I'm pretty sure you can't do that in terminal :P... So, I'm kind of lost now..

Here is an example of what happens when I try to install a 64-bit windows application (iTunes in particular)