[Wine] Re: Wrong exiting from MS Word + can't save MS Word document

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 17 18:39:26 CDT 2011

Aleksey_R wrote:
> Greetings, gentlemen.
>
> I have a problem with MS Office 2007 running and I suppose there's a way to handle with it.
>
> When I exit MS Office 2007 Word it gives message that MSXML 5.0 was installed wrong and it offers to save template "normal.dotx". When I cancel saving it offers me to do it one more time and after that it exits.
>
> Also, I can't save anything in .doc format. When I try to do it the Office installation window shows and MS Office starts to do something (reinstall/repair???), This window is shown until I kill it (more than 3 hours). The CPU load is high, so the "SETUP.EXE" process is busy with something.
>
> Please help, if it's possible.
>
> OS: OpenSUSE 11.4 64 bit
> Wine: 1.3.28 (from OpenSUSE repos)
> MS Office: 2007 SP2 Enterprise
> Libraries overrides: riched20, usp10.

Not seeing that here, and I am also running Office 2007 Enterprise with SP2, on 64 bit openSUSE 11.4 using the distro 1.3.28 package.

First question: is this a clean wineprefix--nothing else installed (not even failed attempts to install something)?
Second question: is it a 32 bit wineprefix (created with WINEARCH=win32)?
Third question: is the Windows version set to XP?

If Office is trying to repair, then your wineprefix is clearly messed up. Delete it and reinstall following the howto in the AppDB. If that doesn't fix it, post terminal output.