[Wine] Re: Run-time error '10'This array is fixed or temporarily locked

annacegu wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 18 19:16:40 CDT 2011

Hi,

The error I was getting was a whole heap of OLE errors. The fix was the following (it was hidden behind the wayback machine's header):

6.12. My application won't run, and the log shows lots of OLE errors

There's some chance that Wine's COM implementation has a bug or missing feature that's hurting your app. If so, you can sometimes work around this by using native DCOM98. See "How can I get a copy of some runtime library?" above. You can install OLE by running winetricks and selecting dcom98. If it helps, be sure to file a bug report. If it doesn't, you can undo the installation by running winecfg and removing the native library overrides for rpcrt4, ole32, and oleaut32. See also NativeDcom.

There are further details through the links found in the FAQ entry.

Regards,
Anna.