[Wine] Can't install program to another drive

FX2011 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 19 09:13:42 CDT 2011

I'm planning to remove Windows completely, but before I exercise this option, I want to be sure that I can install/run my needed programs under Linux using Wine. Granted I've been with Windows since the beginning, but after my experience with Vista, I have had enough. So, currently I have a dual boot setup for the moment, using Ubuntu 11.x/ Vista Ultimate (64bit). I have three hard disks, a dvd Lightscribe and a 3.5 floppy. Drives c, d and e are NFTS format for Windows utilization. In the Wine configuration, I've attempted using the Auto Detect feature and it will see drive C and A, but it can't find D or E, even though they are mounted. After searching through the forum, I'm getting the impression that Wine won't see the drives unless they are formatted in Linux format? I ask this because I attempted to install a Windows program and the installer couldn't find D or E. Would my assumption be correct in that all the hard disks must be Linux prepared?

Thanks in advance!