[Wine] list spam related question

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Tue Sep 20 14:42:12 CDT 2011

In the thread "[Wine] New to Wine...and already in trouble..." there was
a spam post by kizi that says it was "Sent from the Wine  - Users
mailing list archive at Nabble.com".

Can people really send things to our list/forum from other sites/forums?
It also seems odd that the reply directs a person to catch up on the
thread by linking to Nabble instead of the Wine forum. It is possible
that this is very normal and just something I haven't run into before.
If so can someone please educate me as to the benefits?