[Wine] list spam related question

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Tue Sep 20 19:00:18 CDT 2011

On 09/20/2011 07:27 PM, DanKegel wrote:
> There is (or was) a mailing list gateway, and about 10% of
> the users access this group via a mailing list rather than
> the web forum interface.  This is normal.

 From the wine email list yes, that is what I use. I was wondering about
the post saying it was sent from our 'list archive at Nabble.com' and if
that were really possible. It was obviously a spam post (many garbage
links) and that made me curious if some connection to Nabble was part of
our spam problem. I know that Nabble does show our forum posts, they
usually turn up much closer to the top of google searches than winehq
and related links do. I do not know if Nabble's archiving of the posts
goes beyond an archive to being actually connected to the wine forum the
way that spam post made it sound.