[Wine] Re: list spam related question

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 20 20:07:36 CDT 2011

tparker wrote:
> Would it be reasonable to block posting via Nabble (and anything
> similar) and see if/how that changes the rate of spam posts we get?

I've always thought posting to the mailing list should be limited to subscribers just as posting to the forum is, simply as a matter of fairness, but I doubt it would make much of a difference in the spam. Most of that is posted directly on the forum. What would help is the ability to force moderation on new posters, but that capability is not present in the version of phpbb used now. That's why the upgrade is needed.