[Wine] This Specs and upcoming games?

MacNean Tyrrell dardack at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 08:16:08 CDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 7:27 AM, TweFoju <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
> Haha, yeah i know that specs are good for gaming, if it were for windows i wouldn't have even asked  :P
>
> but because i will be using it through Wine, that is why i feel i needed to ask
>
> because my thought was, it would be just like using Parallel on Mac to play Window games, which is like virtually playing Windows game on Mac ( hence like playing it on a Wine in Linux )
>
> so i thought that maybe it needed double the processor effort
>
> but anyway thanks, good to know that Nvidia is better with Linux, was about to go for AMD graphics laptop
>
>  [Shocked]

The thing is SWTOR and other games you listed aren't released.  We do
know that SWTOR will have dx9 option, so it should work in wine.  But
if any games goes dx10/11 only, then AT this time it wouldn't work in
wine.  Also, you have to think about DRM and other things that Wine
doesn't play well with sometimes.

I'm just saying you should think about these things before dropping
windows 100% (esp since that laptop will come with Win pre loaded,
just dual boot).  I just put together a desktop (first Time in 6 years
I haven't bought a new laptop every 2 years) and put win 7 on it for
gaming.  I still have linux on 5 other machines in my house.  I still
play WoW on my linux laptop.  Anyways, just saying.

--
Sincerely,

MacNean C. Tyrrell