[Wine] Re: Wine speed

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 23 06:48:02 CDT 2011

jocult001 wrote:
> I am used to windows as school has every pc on windows, and we also used to have windows. i really enjoyed a game called spiral knights and on windows it was quite fast, but with wine it took ages to load
> also another thing, on wine i downlaoded steam and that logs me in but if i try to go to the store on it, it closes
>
> can any one help me on either of these problems

You should stick to one problem per thread, and you haven't posted  enough information  to help you with either. Let's start with the basics: what version of Wine, what graphics card and driver?  If you're not using the latest development release of Wine, upgrade.

Steam has a very detailed howto in the AppDB. Have you read it and followed all the steps? http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=19444