[Wine] Re: list spam related question

dimesio wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Sep 23 07:47:07 CDT 2011

Martin Gregorie wrote:
> BTW, I had a look at the phbb website yesterday and don't understand why
> everybody thinks it can't connect to a mailing list when it appears that
> the current version of phpbb has the ability to send posts to an MTA.

So you think it's perfectly fine to let spammers run free on the forum so long as the mailing list users are protected from it?  Because your suggestion does absolutely nothing to help stop spam on the forum.

The version of phpbb currently being used does NOT have the capability of forcing moderation on new users, which pretty much everyone realizes is the best way to control spam. The current version of phpbb DOES have that capability, but the mail2forum gateway does not work with it. And that brings us back to the issues discussed in http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=13332