[Wine] Re: ATI/AMD GPU + Ubuntu + Wine + EVE Online = I need help...

wheunis wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 24 07:06:23 CDT 2011

SpawnHappyJake wrote:
> Have you checked the AppDB yet? Always do that first. Zainin (Paul) is having the same problems. You never really know what issues might come from ATI Linux drivers.
>
> There is a bunch of helpful fixes for EVE at the AppDB, though I saw none that fix your problem. You should still check it out. http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=23787
>
> Best of luck to you!

Thanks for the good wishes; Indeed I did consult the AppDB. I noticed that Paul was having the same problem but no results from it yet. I figure just tagging on "me too!" doesnt really help anybody much on the DB page.
Once I hopefully sort this out, I will post a solution etc onto Paul's post on AppDB.

Entanglement - thanks for the suggestion. Will give it a try.
The noise factor isn't really a problem. Under Windows when running EVE it sometimes sounds like I'm starting up a Boeing!
Last small query about the driver disabling: Do I need to restart for effect, or is it immediate?