[Wine] Re: Bash Script Shorcuts for Steam Games

SpawnHappyJake wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Sep 24 16:21:53 CDT 2011

Hmm. Seemed like I got it to work once. Now whenever I attach hl2.exe to gdb, Portal freezes. When I close the terminal to unattach it, Portal unfreezes.

I got excited, because I then tried it without sudo, and it didn't freeze, and it looked like it was doing its job, but the log said that it could not attach to the process.

> Could not attach to process.  If your uid matches the uid of the target
> process, check the setting of /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope, or try
> again as the root user.  For more details, see /etc/sysctl.d/10-ptrace.conf
> ptrace: Operation not permitted.

Jake