[Wine] Re: Wine on non-Unix platforms

André H. wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Sep 25 14:29:12 CDT 2011

jjmckenzie wrote:
> On 9/22/11 1:01 PM, DOSGuy wrote:
>
> > Greetings everyone. Let me start by stating that I appreciate the enormous undertaking that Wine has been, and I am not suggesting that the ideas I will ask about in this post would be easy (or even possible) to implement, so there's no need to flame the n00b.
> >

> There is an effort to port Wine to the ARM platform.  The problem is
> like that for the Mac PowerPC platform, you will need a CPU emulator
> until Windows programs start to appear for the target platform.  Given
> the number of ARM based 'objects', this may not be too far off.
> However, running an emulator AND a bloated Windows program may prove to
> slow for ARM processors as it did for the PowerPC platform.
>
> James

You don't fully know what you are talking about it seems.
Winelib is ported to ARM, just a few things missing but nothing critical.
The problem on PowerPC was mostly the endianess not the speed, further we see a faster ARM CPU every week. e.g. my handy has 1.2GHz dual core. There are chances

Why not post a link http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?t=13533