[Wine] Re: Schoolzone windows application

pd wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Sep 26 00:37:27 CDT 2011

Dear Grant,

Like you I was trying to install this for my daughter today.
She was given it as a gift.
Hit the same problems as you. My work around was to do an install
on a real windows machine (I know not ideal!) to find out
where all the files were meant to be. I then moved the whole school zone
directory found inside Program Files across to my linux wine install
completely removing it from the windows machine.
The program seems to run fine from inside wine. No windows registry
stuff appeared to be needed. I start it with "wine 10304_8.exe"

If you don't have a windows machine to temporarily extract to I could
compare your directory structure to mine so you can manually pull files
from your own CD. Please send me a private mail if you need this.

pd