[Wine] Help getting Plan3D to work???

akibahara wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Sep 27 07:22:04 CDT 2011

Hello. I have recently converted exclusively to Linux since I was only using Windows for a single program. I would love to get it working through WINE, but it looks like it's going to be more difficult than expected.

I downloaded the program file from http://plan3d.com/pages/memberInstallInstrucs.aspx . I dropped the .msi file into C:\windows/system32 then ran this code:

Code:
wine start whatever.msi

The installer was a little funky and hard to read. The install appeared to fail until the UN/PW screen popped up. I entered that info and the loader splash appeared. I was hopeful, but at this point it failed. The program is showing in the menu, but when I click on it, it gives me the "Plan3d has encountered a serious error and needs to close" window.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks in advance!!!