[Wine] link Explorer Shell extensions to Gnome thumbnailer

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Sun Apr 1 04:57:55 CDT 2012

On Sat, 2012-03-31 at 17:59 -0500, vitamin wrote:
> Fred2 wrote:
> > It's probably a feature request.
>
> This is the wrong place for it.
>
> First of all it doesn't really help Wine (this is more of a Gnome feature request). Second, for any Wine related feature requests you need to file bug in bugzilla.

This is nothing to do with Gnome: displaying the contents of directories
and generating icons for files is done by Nautilus, which all the
desktops (Gnome, KDE, XFCE, ...) run wheh the user wants to view
directories and their contents. Nautilus generates thumbnails from
suitable files, which include .GIF, .JPG and .PNG images but not .BMP
or .TIFF. I did a quick check on these image types with Nautilus 3.0.2,
so if you think it should generate icons for additional file types:

- check the Nautilus documentation in /usr/share/doc or visit its
  support site.

- if you can't find what you want, raise a bugzilla request against
  Nautilus.

Don't forget to read the documentation for nautilus-actions-config-tool,
which may let you configure Nautilus to meet your requirements, before
raising a request.

Martin