[Wine] World Of Warcraft installer not working in wine

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Mon Apr 2 20:01:41 CDT 2012

On 4/2/2012 6:08 PM, dude2207 wrote:
> when i try to run the installer from the dvd included in the battle chest it says "installer could not find the file necessary".
> is this an error with wine or linux?
> my DVD drive is a "Samsung External DVD Writer Model SE-S084"

Sorry I don't have any help for installing form disk, but another option
if it continues to give you trouble is to log into your battle.net
account and click the link from there to download and install it. That
way you don't have to mess with getting drives mounted and disks read
properly through linux and wine, and you would have patches to download
once the disk install was done anyway so this just grabs the latest version.