[Wine] Re: Need help with a windows app

Sanocon wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Apr 3 16:04:27 CDT 2012

jjmckenzie wrote:

> > > I recommend you lookup how to get updated packages from your distro
> > > before trying to compile wine from source. However here are the build
> > > instructions:
> > >
> > > http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#compile_wine
> > >
> > > John
> > >

> > well whats odd is the distro i have Ubuntu only gives 1.3. so what do i need to do to fix this?
> >

> Which version of Ubuntu are you using?  Some of the PPAs are reporting
> Wine 1.3 but are installing Wine 1.4.  Can you run the following
> command from terminal:
>

> Code:
>
> wine -version
>

> and report what is returned?
>
> James

ok i ran it via terminal and got this:

fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl unsupported WS_IOCTL cmd (_WSAIOW(IOC_VENDOR, 300))
fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl unsupported WS_IOCTL cmd (_WSAIOW(IOC_VENDOR, 300))
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x8fee914, overlapped 0x8fee918): stub
wine: configuration in '/home/sanocon/.wine' has been updated.
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\-version.exe"

now i went to the wine configuration app and the version is 1.3.15