[Wine] Need help starting Plasma Pong

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Apr 3 19:02:09 CDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 18:10 -0500, ImageJPEG wrote:
> Alright, so I have no issues getting Plasma Pong started...as long as
> I run it through the command line. ie:
>

> Code:
> wine "C:\Plasma Pong\Plasma Pong.exe"[quote]
>
> That example works fine...as long as it's done in a terminal.
>
> However, the game seems to not like being ran without a terminal. (I
> can't just click on the .exe file to run it).

Probably not, because Nautilus assumes that the application will use a
GUI window.

You don't say which desktop you're using, but the Gnome launcher build
dialogue has a menu box labelled 'Type' that lets you select "Run
application in terminal". I assume the launchers used by KDE, XFCE, etc.
will have a similar capability, so try creating a launcher for Plasma
Pong and using it to run the game.

Martin