[Wine] Re: Problems with ImgBurn, err:aspi:ASPI_GetNumControllers

Carlos Mason wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 5 00:06:21 CDT 2012

Well, I finally found something of a solution.  It's not ideal, but that may be down to my distro or my unfamiliarity with "udisks".  I have to unmount the udisks auto-mounted optical device and then manually mount that drive to /media/cdrom0 (or wherever).  At which point I can start ImgBurn and change the Interface (Tools->Settings->I/O->Page1) to SPTI.  The drive can then be detected, so long as it is mapped in winecfg (Drives->Drive mappings).

Thing is, this isn't 100% reliable.  In some cases I end up having to use "eject" on the command line to open the drive tray and/or unmount the device.  I had one situation where during the same Wine session, ImgBurn 'lost' the CD-ROM.  Unfortunately an errant mouse click minimized the "ImgBurn Log" and I was unable to copy the log messages (once the ImgBurn Log is minimized, the only way to get it back to hack Wine's registry and restart ImgBurn).  I also couldn't eject or unmount the optical device no matter what I did...  Well, other than a reboot.

I'm going to poke around and see if I can't get udisks and Wine cooperating in such a way that udisks mounted optical devices just work under Wine.  At which point, I'll call this thread solved.  If anyone else has suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.