[Wine] serial communication

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Thu Apr 5 15:35:00 CDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-05 at 15:31 -0400, John Drescher wrote:
> > That was a nice victory, but the line must be entered at each boot.    (Is there a solution to that?)
> >
> Put that command in your OS startup scripts. I do not know Fedora so I
> can't help with the details..

What I've described in my last post should work for any Linux system
using UDEV device management.

It used to be possible to add a chmod command to /etc/rc.d/rc.local BUT:

- I'm not sure that works for any distro that uses systemd service
  management instead of System V Init. I think that may be all kernel
  3.x systems but don't quote me since I only use Fedora. Fedora
  introduced systemd with Fedora 15.

- Since /etc/rc.d/rc.local was only executed at boot time it never did
  work for USB adapters and any other hotplugged devices, but the UDEV
  rules are applied whenever a device file for a hotplugged device is
  created as well as at boot time.

Martin