[Wine] Re: Can't install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

lml99 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Apr 7 19:08:46 CDT 2012

dimesio wrote:

> lml99 wrote:
> > I tried deleting the winprefix for visual c++ runtime 2005 express and and 7zip.
>
> Which are you trying to install--the runtime or Visual C++ 2005 Express?  My guess is that what you want is the former; the latter is for developing apps. But if you really do want Visual C++ Express, you shouldn't be installing anything before installing it--winetricks takes care of everything it needs to install. Make sure you have the latest winetricks; it should be 20120308 (type winetricks --version).

[Embarassed] I feel stupid now. I mistook them to be the same thing. Again, super noob mistake. Sorry, but do you know if you can install runtime through winetricks? Whenever I get it off Microsoft.com and run it through wine, a window asking for my agreement to the terms of use, then a loading bar appears for a spit second, and disappears. I tried the above user's solution several times, but it never worked.