[Wine] Re: Legend of Grimrock won't start

Mateusz Stachowski wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Apr 12 11:07:25 CDT 2012

I have it working. I've tried before the Hardware Test and now the Full game. You have to install some native Windows binaries:

winetricks xact_jun2010 d3dx9_36

that's what I have in my Wineprefix for Legend of Grimrock. If that still won't get you to the game you could try installing vcrun2008.

The game runs really good with everything set to High even SSAO in 1920x1080 fullscreen. In the Hardware Test i get 35 fps and with SSAO disabled about 80 fps. The only thing that's causing troubles is sound. I'm using Open Sound System OSSv4 (v4.2-2006) so I don't know how will it work with ALSA or PulseAudio.